Friday, February 12, 2010

Regex Gem

Although I have been programming for over 10 years now, I often find myself looking up some regex stuff (Regular Expressions) whenever I need to do something with it. I would like to think that all programmers do that at one point or another, but can't be sure :-)

Couple of months ago when I was in a similar situation looking for help online, I came across RegExr. It is very simple but extremely useful website for any one learning regular expressions or looking for a quick regex help to continue with what they might be doing.


It is a flash based application that will allow you try out any regular expression at the press of a button and see the results live. The text in the textarea is just an example and can be replace with what ever you need and run regular expression against that. On the right you have a complete list of all the options available for use in a regular expression along with description.

Best of all it is free. Click on the link above to check it out. If you like it or not, leave me a note of what you think.

If you have found other tools that are similar or helpful with other programming type things, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment